After years of fighting fires that were caused by unattended ranges, firefighter Peter Thorpe created a solution to stop stove fires from happening and it is saving lives—including the lives of vulnerable families with children who have autism. After saving her own children from harm and house from going up in flames, see what this mother of an independent 11-year-old autistic son had to share:
“FireAvert saved my home from going up in flames. And I don’t even want to think about what would have happened to my kids… My 11-year-old loves to cook and we love to give him chances to learn and express himself. We were home when he had decided to make lunch on the flat top stove and I stepped outside for a few minutes. My son was distracted and left the hot pad on the stove but left the room. When my 6-year old came running out of the house covering his ears from the fire-alarm, I ran home to a slightly smoky kitchen, NO FIRE, and a safe family. FireAvert really worked!
I am part of a “Mothers of Autism” group and I recommend FireAvert to everyone there. Every family should have a FireAvert unit installed in their home. It is simple to install and we didn’t even have to reset it after the accident”
With kitchen fires as the number one cause of home fires in the U.S. today, this means that on average, over 162,000 home fires that directly involve cooking equipment are being reported yearly. Thousands of people are severely injured, and 500 people will lose their lives from electrical house fires EACH YEAR.
Read more at http://motherhood-moment.blogspot.com/2016/04/shopping-savings-fireavert.html