Salt Lake City, UT – Fire Avert was recently featured on news station KUTV2 in Salt Lake City. The story highlighted Fire Avert’s support of local Salt Lake City resident Virginia Cannon who recently suffered a stove fire after leaving food cooking on the unattended stove.
According to statistics by the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA), stove fires start nearly every 3.5 minutes across the United States.
Virginia Cannon had just put some butter in a pan before being sidetracked talking with friends, becoming another misfortunate statistic of the NFPA. Luckily Virginia survived, but not after getting hurt in the traumatic experience, as well as being removed from her home as it was repaired from roughly $50,000 worth of smoke and fire damage. After hearing her story, Fire Avert was determined to help.
Fire Avert has committed to donating 20% of every sale for the next 30 days to Virginia’s fire relief fund.
Fire Avert founder, Peter Thorpe, has hopes of establishing and growing their fire relief fund program across the nation. Said Peter, “Fire Avert is in business to help save lives from tragedy and trauma. For those who weren’t fortunate to have a Fire Avert in their home to prevent a fire, we want to help get them on their feet. While also getting devices in the home of relief fund supporters.”
About Fire Avert’s Fire Relief Fund Project
Fire Avert is committed to helping anyone who has suffered tragedy and loss at the hands of a kitchen fire by raising relief funds on their behalf. If you know anyone who recently suffered a kitchen fire, please reach out to Fire Avert to learn more about creating a fire relief fund. If interested in donating, or specifically purchasing a Fire Avert to ensure your home and help fix Virginia’s, please visit www.fireavert.com.See the News Story
Share this post